Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Privilege of Being a Woman

I just started reading Alice von Hildebrand's The Privilege of Being a Woman. The following statements made an impression on me:
The world in which we now live is a world whose outlook is so distorted that we absolutize what is relative (money-making, power, success) and relativize what is absolute (truth, moral values, and God). (p.23)

...is it surprising that today we have become so morally blind (for wickedness blinds) that we save the baby whales at great cost, and murder millions of unborn children? (p.24)

A French writer by the name of Vinet wrote that "the value of a people is to be gauged by the value of its women" ("un peuple vaut ce que valent ses femmes"). (p. 27)

One thing is certain: When the time has come, nothing which is man-made will subsist. One day, all human accomplishments will be reduced to a pile of ashes. But every single child to whom a woman has given birth will live forever, for he has been given an immortal soul made to God's image and likeness. (p. 33)

1 comment:

  1. hey I read that book too. I love it! I'm writing a paper on the book and I'm having a hard time finding where she says, "True femininity brings true masculinity." I could have sworn she said it but I don't know...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...