Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Devotions Meme

Helen tagged me a few weeks ago and I have been wanting to share, but have been unable to do so until now. If you have not done this meme, please consider yourself tagged.

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
My Jesus mercy, Thy will be done in my life and in my death. (I learned this prayer while home from college from a visiting priest from India.)

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
I like saying the Rosary and the Memorare. My mom taught me about the beauty of the Miraculous medal by wearing one.

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
Until 2 years ago, I wore a crucifix that I received for my First Communion. I buried it with our little girl whom I miscarried.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Yes, my husband uses it each night to bless our children before bed. I need to be better about filling our fonts.

5. Do you offer up your sufferings?
Yes

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
I do my best to observe First Fridays and First Saturdays.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How frequently?
I go to Eucharistic Adoration almost every Monday night and on First Fridays.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
Definitely, Sunday morning.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Yes, we renew our consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus at mealtime. We also say Grace before Meals and Grace after Meals.

10. Favorite Saint(s)?
St. Joseph, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Catherine Laboure, St. Bernadette, St. Theresa, St. Francis de Sales, and St. Louis Marie Grignon de Montfort.

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
Yes, I grew up praying the Rosary with my family (each night, on our way to school, and on extended car trips), so this was a prayer that I learned naturally.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Yes.

13. Where is your favorite place to pray?
In our parish church.

14. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Yes.

Helen's bonus question:
15. If you could visit any of Our Lady’s apparition sites, which one would you choose?
I have visited Lourdes and would like to go back there.
I would also like to visit Fatima and Rue de Bac (I don't know why I have never made it to the latter).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...