Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Passion Week Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window it is dark.

I am thinking about this prayer that I read:
My suffering and crucified King, can I expect an easy life when You lived such a hard one? No. I want to be like You as far as I am able in this earthly life of mine. Let me choose to work, pray, and suffer as much like You as possible. The greatest privilege I can obtain is that of living a life like Yours. You chose and bore every suffering and hardship for My sake. Let me choose to work and suffer for Your sake. I hope to meditate often upon the sufferings which You embraced for me. As I do so, help me grow in the desire to suffer more for You in my daily life. Amen.

I am thankful for my husband and children.

From the kitchen, there is currently silence.

I am wearing my pajamas and am almost ready to get up and start my day.

I am reading Life of Christ by Fulton J. Sheen. My paternal grandmother introduced me to this wonderful book. It is the last book that she ever read. This is the second or third time that I have read the book. I actually started reading it during Advent, but am thankful that I am finishing it during Passiontide. It is a book that every Christian should read.

I am hoping for a special prayer request to be answered, but am open to God's will (whatever it might be).

One of my favorite things is gardening, but our yard still needs a lot of work and I still have a lot to learn when it comes to growing vegetables and improving our garden. Thankfully, there is this gardening calendar that helps me know when to do things.

We are planting: Since February, we have been busy planting flower and vegetable seeds. We have started planting some of the seedlings outside and are slowly working on trying to beautify our garden. Hopefully, more of our flowers will be blooming by Easter.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I am going to continue to teach and learn with my children. We also want to spend some time outside, planting seedlings and pulling weeds.

I am hearing the excitement in Theresa's voice as she exclaims, "Patrick, you have eight ladybugs now!" In addition to learning about the lifecycle of the butterfly, the children have also been raising ladybugs. Insect Lore sent 9 ladybug larvae and the children have been enjoying observing their lifecycle. None of us had any idea that ladybug larvae are so ugly!

Around the house, the voices of my children are making me aware of the fact that I need to put my feet on the ground and start working with them.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing:

Friends

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder of Our Daily Bread. I haven't picked that book up in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading your post. I haven't seen how a lady bug larvae looks like but a grown lady bug looks nice. :) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...