Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Planting Seeds

Several weeks ago, as I sat in the dentist office reading a book, I heard a lady say, "I thought he was old school." I looked up and she looked at me and repeated, "I thought he was old school." I responded, "Actually what he has written is just as pertinent today as it was when he wrote it." She stood up and walked over to me saying, "Really? I used to watch him on TV in the '50s. I didn't even know he wrote books."

"Yes, really." was my reply and I went on to share with her a little bit about the book. I also mentioned another book that he had written and the fact that our library system carries several of his works. Eventually, the woman wandered back to her chair, saying that she would have to see if the library carried any of his works as audio books.

As she finished talking, her husband began. He began by criticizing his wife for always wanting to use technology instead of actually reading. I responded to his criticisms with the last words that I had read before his wife engaged me in conversation, "There goes Philip Neri, except for the grace of God." Thus, our conversation began. 

Eventually, my children meandered into the waiting room and I was called to the counter to pay. As I was leaving, I said goodbye to the Christian couple. The man responded, "God bless you! I hope to find some of his books at the library." As I climbed into the car, I could not help but think, "You never know when God might plant and water a seed."

Victory Over ViceThank you, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen!
May God bless this couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...