Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Monday, February 20, 2012

Holy Habits in the Home

I was very happy to read Ginny Seuffert's Holy Habits in the Home in Seton's January newsletter. Growing up, my parents tried to instill various "holy habits" in our home. We used to pray the family Rosary each night and at the beginning of each 30-minute or longer road trip.  My parents occasionally read us religious books. A statue of Our Lady of Lourdes, purchased in Lourdes, graced my parents' garden (the statue now stands in our front yard most of the year). We visited Catholic shrines in Europe, Canada and the United States. Each night, my father blessed us with holy water before we went to bed. Most importantly, my mother was a daily Mass attendee throughout her life. These and other holy habits made an impression on me and helped to foster my faith.

Today, my husband and I are trying to instill some of the same holy habits in our home and it is wonderful to have encouragement from articles like the one linked above. As Catholic families, we need to return to these practices that used to be a normal part of almost every Catholic family's life. May God bless Ginny for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...