Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

All Saints Day Party Excitement

About a month ago, I toyed with the idea of hosting an All Saints Day party at my house, but decided against doing so due to space constraints. Still, I discussed possible saint costumes with my children and purchased a knight costume for Finnian. I told my husband how important I thought All Saints Day parties had been for our older children and how I wanted our younger children to participate in them annually. On Wednesday, a friend (the mother of one of my godsons) shared that she and another mother have planned an All Saints Day Party for our homeschool group. I don't know who is more excited the children or me.

We will be bringing the following games to the party:

Musical Saints - Pictures of various saints are taped on chairs. The game is then played like musical chairs. I recommend limiting the number of chairs to ten.

Pin the Halo on St. Kateri Tekakwitha - My husband made this game for our parish party three years ago, using image 2. I prefer image 1, so I will most likely use that one this year. Print one of the pictures of St. Kateri Tekakwitha. Laminate the picture (optional). Print some halos and voila you have "Pin the halo on St. Kateri Tekakwitha".
  • St. Kateri Tekakwitha image 1 (Click on the link at the bottom of Catholic Tradition's page and download the image.)
  • St. Kateri Tekakwitha image 2 (This needs to be enlarged. If you want a pre-enlarged version of this image, let me know.)
  • Halos (Please let me know if you need halos. The quality was diminished when I uploaded it to Google Drive.)

Practice the Works of Mercy Like the Saints - An explanation of this game can be found here.

I am thankful that my children will be able to celebrate the saints by going to Mass and with a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...