Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Advent Daybook

Outside my window...
The ground is white. The children are excited that it snowed last night and they are hoping that it snows more.

In the kitchen...
Theresa has been baking a lot of cookies. Today, we are hoping to make some applesauce and cinnamon ornaments. I had intended to make them with the children on Saturday, but we didn't have time to do so.

I am listening to...
the boys talking in the dining room and the girls practicing piano and violin downstairs.  Catherine and Bernadette are practicing a piano/violin duet of "Silent Night" that they will be playing at a retirement center tonight.

I am wearing...
a jean skirt and navy blue sweater.

I am praying for...
my husband and children, extended family, our priests, and friends. I am also trying to remember to include prayer requests from various people.
`
I am thankful...
for my husband who went grocery shopping for me on Saturday and took Patrick with him to buy a Christmas tree yesterday. He was released early from jury duty today and so he called and told me that he is going to head to a certain store to look for some stocking stuffers that we have been trying to find for our boys. He is also hoping to buy this for the price listed on the website (not an inflated price). It will be a birthday present for one of the boys this year.

In the learning rooms...
Formal lessons will be minimal today. Brendan, Patrick, and I will be setting up our outdoor Nativity scene and hanging Christmas lights on the house. 

I am pondering...
"Love consumes us only in the measure of our self-surrender."
~ St. Therese of Lisieux ~

I am reading...
We and Our Children: How to Make a Catholic Home by Mary Reed Newland. I started reading this book in August, but put it aside to read The Mirror of True Womanhood. I have read the reprint of We and Our Children, How to Raise Good Catholic Children, a few times over the years. When I saw that the unedited We and Our Children was available, I knew that I had to buy it. I am glad that I did.

Plans for the rest of the week...
  • Take children to piano and violin lessons
  • O Antiphons began yesterday :)
  • Mass
  • Continue to pray for my Christkindl and do little things for her
  • Buy a Christmas present for my brother-in-law and my nephew who will be visiting us for Christmas
  • Take our annual Christmas photo
  • Wrap some Christmas presents
  • Have the children make our missing Jesse Tree ornaments (a couple of the ornaments for this week are missing)
  • And more...
I am happy that...
I found this present for my father-in-law yesterday. I am thinking that we might get this for him too. I know how much he likes ND and the 4 horsemen. I also know that he is excited about ND's upcoming game.

A video...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...