Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Monday, March 18, 2013

Keeping Mommy on her Toes

I am ten months old.

January 19

I pulled myself to a stand for the first time on February 3. My mommy was surprised to see me standing up, holding onto the chair as she walked past the living room. The next day, she took this photo.

February 4

I started to crawl on my hands and knees a couple of days before pulling myself to a stand. 

February 3

My mommy was starting to think that I would walk before I crawled. However, she is thankful that I didn't crawl at six months like some of my sisters and brothers because I like to put everything in my mouth. Someone has to always be watching me. I am pretty good about showing everyone what I have in my hand if they ask me, "What do you have?" Occasionally, I like to put whatever I have into my mouth as quickly as possible. Being so close to the ground has its advantages - I can see things that other family members don't notice. Of course sometimes I don't like what I put in my mouth. One night, I found something that looked interesting, but it didn't taste very good, so I came to my mommy whining. She swiped my mouth and was disgusted to find that I was trying to eat a guinea pig dropping. Thankfully, the pediatrician assured my mom that I had chosen the best and most likely safest animal dropping to eat. Needless to say, I won't be putting one of those gross tasting nuggets in my mouth again.

January 14

I crawled up the stairs for the first time on February 27. My mommy was right behind me, but I didn't know it until I got to the top of the stairs. I can now explore the whole house on my own. I am perplexed as to why I keep finding some doors shut and why I can open some cupboards, but not others. I don't know why all the Legos disappeared from the coffee table. I am still trying to figure out where they went. I so wanted to pull apart those Lego structures. The little pieces would have fit in my mouth perfectly.

It's time to go. I have stayed in one place long enough. There is so much to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...