Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Thursday, December 03, 2015

Tomorrow is First Friday

Will you be going to Mass?

Christ told St. Margaret Mary Alacoque:

"I promise you, in the excessive mercy of My Heart, that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments, My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment."


The 12 Promises of the Sacred Heart

1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. They shall find in my heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings. 
6. Sinners shall find in my heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy. 
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent. 
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored. 
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts. 
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in my heart, and it shall never be effaced.
12. The all-powerful love of my heart will grant to all those who shall receive communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; my heart shall be their assured refuge at the last hour.

4 comments:

  1. Christine, this is my all time favorite image of the Sacred Heart.I love these promises. Was able to make my 9 First Fridays years ago. Now to make sure all my kids do them: )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwen, we're friends for a reason. :) Most of my children have made the 9 First Fridays, but I am still hoping to have them all go to Mass with me tomorrow. I want nothing more than for my children to become great saints and bring greater glory to God.

      Delete
  2. I think my 2 oldest have made them. Now for the others : ) I live about 45 minutes from our parish, but I am hoping we will make it more often. Plus, its good to keep going after you've done all 9 First Fridays, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful that we live closer to our parish now. It usually only takes us 20 minutes to get there (45 in the evening due to traffic). I know from experience that it is so hard to live far from your parish. God bless you and your family, Gwen!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...