Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Are you going to a homeschooling conference?

Have you been trying to decide whether or not you should attend the Northwest Catholic Family Education Conference? (Please fill in the name of the homeschooling conference nearest you.)

Have your reasons for not attending been:
I can't go because my children are too young and I have no one to watch them.
We like to spend Saturday as a family.
We can't afford it.
It's too hard for me to get away from home on Friday.
I am a veteran home educator.

As much as I wanted to attend in the past, I did not do so for some of the reasons listed above and I regret it. I wish that someone had said to me:
If your children are young, attend the conference on Saturday as a family. You and your husband can share the responsibility of watching your children.

If you attend the Northwest Catholic Family Education Conference on a Saturday not only will you be there as a family, your husband will have the opportunity to spend time with other like-minded men. As mothers, we have the opportunity to receive encouragement from our friends, but our husbands are often surrounded by the secular and are unable to receive encouragement for being in the world, but not of the world.

Scholarships are available for those who need financial assistance. Please contact info@nwcatholicconference.com if you need a scholarship.

If you can't get away from home on Friday, come on Saturday.

Regardless of how long you have homeschooled, there is always something that you can learn. Several of the colleges listed in the The Newman Guide to Choosing a Catholic College: What to Look for and Where to Find It will be at the conference to answer your questions. The colleges that will be present at the conference can be found here, http://www.nwcatholicconference.com/vendors.php Lee Binz will be speaking specifically about homeschooling during the high school years. As a mother and grandmother, Stephanie Maricich has a lot of wisdom to share.

The conference offers more than just homeschooling encouragement; it allows you to improve your family life and learn more about the Catholic faith and vocations. As a friend of mine said to me, the Northwest Catholic Family Education Conference is a celebration of family.

My family and I hope to see you on Friday and/or Saturday at the Northwest Catholic Family Education Conference.

You may register online at

2 comments:

  1. OH!!! I can't wait!!! This will be my first Homeschool Conference ever. I wish my hubby was able to come along, but maybe next time... I am so thankful that he has taken a couple days off so that I can go!! It is just what I have been needing. See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless our husbands! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...