Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, February 02, 2013

The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary

On Thursday, as I read to my children about Candlemas or the Purification from St. Catherine's Academy Gazette, I could not help but comment to them about the virtues of Mary and the virtue of humility. A couple of weeks ago, our pastor spoke about Our Blessed Mother in his Sunday sermon. On the Friday prior to that, he had spoken about the virtue of humility and about how all that we have and do comes from God. We are nothing. The instruction regarding the Purification complemented our pastor's sermons so well. If you have not read pages 9 and 10 of St. Catherine's Academy Gazette, I highly recommend that you do so. I wish that I could share my pastor's sermons with you too.

Happy Candlemas!

The Presentation of the Temple by Philippe de Champaigne

My Queen! My Mother!

I give thee all myself, and to show my devotion to thee,
I consecrate to thee my eyes, my ears, my mouth,
my heart, my entire self. 

Wherefore, O loving Mother, as I am thine own, keep me,
defend me, as thy property and possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...