Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Friday, December 20, 2013

Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

On Wednesday, the children and I set up our outdoor Nativity set. Brendan decorated the exterior of the house with Christmas lights.


He also strung lights on the tree. We will put ornaments on the Christmas tree sometime between Sunday and Christmas Eve.


Stockings have been hung by the chimney with care.


Like Jessica, I have been making a list and checking it twice all year long. When I have seen a good price on something that I know my children will like, I have purchased it and tucked it away. I am also very thankful to those of you who have made purchases through my Amazon links, as it has helped defray the cost of buying presents. As I explained in Christmas Favorites, my children typically receive a gift from St. Nicholas, a gift from their grandfather, a book from us, and stocking stuffers. Last year, our oldest daughter started buying gifts for her siblings, trying to stay around the $10 range. This year, her younger siblings will be giving her a present too.

I am looking forward to seeing my oldest daughter's face when she opens this. I think that she will also like this I know that she and her sister will be happy to have their own ones of these. They have been borrowing them from others.

My second oldest daughter will be surprised to receive something to wear on her feet and should like thisand these.

My oldest son should be surprised to get something from here that one of my husband's coworkers gave to him. He should also like this and this.

Cecilia was delighted to get a new guinea pig as an early Christmas present from her grandpa. One of her other guinea pigs died about a month ago. I am curious to see how she likes these. Knowing her, she should have an easy time learning how to use them.

Patrick will be surprised to receive thisbecause it has been retired. I paid a lot less for it at the beginning of last year. He will also like this and this.

Finnian should like thisthis (he's getting a different color and once again it cost a lot less), and this.

Elizabeth will hopefully like this. She will also be getting this, this, this, and this.

Kieran should enjoy this, this, and will hopefully soon be using this.

Hopefully, all of the children will like the books that they receive. Writing in and wrapping them is the last thing that my husband and I have to do before Christmas, besides putting all of the presents under the tree and in Christmas stockings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...