Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Thursday, February 06, 2014

Ultrasound Observations

Last week, Patrick and Theresa joined me at my ultrasound. They were very cute whispering about the baby. Theresa asked for a photo of the baby's face. Patrick requested a photo of the baby's "chipmunk cheeks" and heart. After the ultrasound, they asked the doctor if they could confirm the baby's gender and swore themselves to secrecy. They are the only two in our family who know whether this baby is a boy or girl and they are being very good about keeping their secret.

When we got to the car, Patrick stated, "I think that Theresa and I would make good doctors." As I drove home, he exclaimed, "Oh look, there is a cross in the baby's heart." Theresa replied, "That's because this is a Catholic baby."

The following morning, Patrick came into the kitchen and said, "Mommy, I think that Dr. M. is the best doctor that we have." The "we" made me smile. This is our baby, so obviously Dr. M. is our doctor. I have to say that I do like our doctor and could easily consider her a friend.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:27 AM

    How sweet that P. and T. are the only ones to know the baby's gender. I can't wait to hear how the scales are going to tip in your family.
    EB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elena. We are curious to see which way our little tie breaker tips the scales too. :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable, and I'm impressed they are able to keep the secret, not sure if even I could ;-) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick almost said something once, but Theresa was standing next to him and quickly put her hand over his mouth. I don't know if any of my other children could do it, but I was fairly certain that these two would keep quiet. So far, so good. :)

      Delete
  3. The "Catholic baby" comment is sweet! Patrick and Theresa being able to keep the secret is impressive! I would probably blurt something out right away. (As would many other people I know.) You and baby are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the prayers. Thank you, Kate.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...