Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Daddy's Reading

A couple of months ago, I noticed a book titled The Mauritian Command in someone's LibraryThing catalog. Since my dad was born and raised in Mauritius, I e-mailed the individual, asking about the book. He sent back a review and advised that I begin with Master and Commander (the first book in Patrick O'Brian's series), if I liked the movie Master and Commander. My husband and I both enjoyed the movie, so I placed the book on hold at the library.

On his way home from work one day, my husband picked up some books for me at the library. When he came home, he gave me the bag with the library books. I handed each child a book from the bag and I put my book, Master and Commander, on the kitchen counter. That night, I noticed the book lying open on the counter. I commented to my husband that one of the children must have been looking through it. My husband confessed that he had been the one looking at the book. A short while later, the book was no longer on the counter. My husband had claimed it as his.

Our oldest was delighted. Her daddy reads periodically and she does not always see him reading. However, he had a hard time putting this book down. Almost every night, we found him lying on the couch and reading. One night, Catherine could not contain her excitement. She came in to my room and said, "Mommy, Daddy's reading! It is so good to see him reading." She left the room and went to share her enthusiasm with her father.

I did not read the book, but my husband did tell me about it. He is currently reading a book on the Crusades. Next time, there seems to be a lull in his reading, I know what to check out from the library. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...