Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I Need a Break?

Recently, I have had a couple of well-intentioned people tell me, "You need a break." and "I hope your husband gives you at least an hour all to yourself each week." I took some of the children to a doctor's appointment and I read on the nine-month well-child check form that I am supposed to be getting at least 3 hours a week all to myself. The problem is that I do not want a break.

I don't view motherhood as a job that requires a break. Just as children are a gift from God, motherhood is a gift from God. Faith and family are gifts from God.

My mom used to say that I was happiest when I was busy. Having a family definitely keeps me busy and happy. Yes, there is always something to do. There are meals to prepare while I pray for my mom's soul and my dad. There are dishes to wash while I pray for my family. There is laundry to wash while I pray for my mother-in-law's soul and my father-in-law. There are clothes to fold while I pray for my husband and children. There is a husband for whom I am so thankful. There are children to hug and love. There are lessons to teach, books to read, and children to tuck in bed. There are quiet moments at night and in the early morning hours when the children are all asleep when I thank God for blessing me with such a wonderful family.

How could I ever need a break from my princess, my monk, and their brothers and sisters?


I love being a mother!

9 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Cristine! I agree with you 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are emails to answer from someone who keeps bugging you about a website :)
    you are amazing!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Thank you!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine! I am new mother for the second time and was thinking this morning how tired I am and how I would love it if my husband offered to take care of the baby tonight. Thanks for re-directing my spirit and making me feel better! You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Amy, If you're tired, do get some sleep. After I have a new baby, I usually take a long nap with my baby (and sometimes a toddler, too) on Saturdays and/or Sundays while my husband spends time with our other children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one Christine and you ARE amazing, "quoting from above" xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meredith. You ARE amazing! I am thankful to know you.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...