Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Say What?

Yesterday, a statue fell on Brendan's head, making a small, but wide cut.  Two hours later, it was still bleeding, so I called the doctor's office and spoke with the nurse telling her about the cut.  She told me to bring Brendan in to the office at noon.  I did so, leaving all of the other children, except Elizabeth, at home.  We spent an hour and a half at the doctor's office and Brendan left with two stitches in his head.

During dinner, Finnian informed me, "I was crying for you when you were gone."  I told him, "I am sorry that I had to leave you at home."  He responded, "I was crying and saying, 'I hate Mommy.'"  I replied, "You know that's a bad word.  It's not a nice thing to say.  Why were you crying if you don't like me."  Without thinking, he said, "I was saying it because I was angry with you for leaving me."  I am truly sorry that I had to leave you, my little boy, but I still love you with all my heart, even if you were angry with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...