Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

One Day...

One day, I will long for my little boy to be in my arms, to cry when I leave or am out of sight, to follow me everywhere I go. One day, I will look back on my golden years and wish I had them back.

I had a difficult morning. My niece was coming over and I really wanted to clean up a little bit before she arrived. I didn't succeed in doing so because Patrick insisted on being in my arms. When I went to take a bath, he opened the bathroom door and stood next to the bath, crying at me. My husband called, eventually, and I expressed my frustration over never being able to do anything without my little appendage. A picture of a teenage boy flashed through my mind and I immediately apologized to God for my brief frustration. I love Patrick more than I love myself. He is an active little boy, who keeps me on my toes and lets me know how much he loves me with hugs, kisses, cuddling and sometimes even crying when he can't be in my arms.

Thank you, God, for blessing me with Patrick and all my children! Thank you, God, for these golden years!

1 comment:

  1. My oldest was very much like your son, always at my side (or ON my side rather). Now he will be ten and is becoming older and busier and I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...