Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Friday, March 09, 2007

A Week In the Life of Patrick

Now that I have a baby brother, I need to figure out how to get more attention.

Oh look, there are scissors on the end table. Yesterday, I saw Brendan cutting the brown leaves off of a plant with scissors. I will cut the green leaves off of the plant.

Hmmm, Mommy threw away all of my green leaves and there are no scissors in sight. What can I do today? I know, let me take the soil out of the plant pot and put it in some toys and on the carpet.

Maybe that wasn't the best idea. Mommy, vacuumed the soil. I don't think the vacuum works in the refrigerator, but we will see. Today, I will empty the white stuff, Mommy calls baking soda, in the refrigerator. Foiled again! Mommy vacuumed the baking soda.

I know what I can do! Let me take my diaper off and empty the contents on the living room floor. Oh no, Mommy won't let me help her clean it. I will try a different tactic next time I go..."Mommy look. Look, Mommy, a meatball."

Oh, she's nursing the baby. I know what I can do, but I better be quiet about it. I only want Mommy to see my art work once I am finished. First, I need to remove all of my clothes. Now, it's time to get busy. I know I like to eat this and I like how shiny it makes things. It's nice and slippery. Aaah, I am finally finished. It is time to show Mommy what I have done. "Mommy, Mommy, butter, butter!" She didn't even take a photo of me covered from head to toe in butter and by the time she took me out of the bath Daddy had cleaned all the butter on the kitchen floor and everything else.

Mommy, got me dressed so nicely before I went outside to play. However, I don't think she will mind if I take my boots, my pants and my diaper off. Oh dear, she is calling me already. Let me quickly put one boot on and see if I can fool her. "Mommy, something's in my boot."

Stay tuned, I might be even more creative next week.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:31 PM

    Oh, that was soooo funny! I am laughing my head off, here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:54 PM

    Um... I think my son must be living at your house some of the time. I could have written this as "A week in the life of Silas"... isn't being 2 so fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROTFL!! Gotta love the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so hilarious! I love a good laugh just before bed! What a cutie-pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say that our local church is called St John Vianney.

    Situated 2 miles from where I live with a view so beautiful of the Ochil Hills behind.

    Blessings to you all from Scotland.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...