Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Watch

Last night, towards the end of Mass, Patrick stood on the pew, placed one hand on my shoulder and the other on the pew. Then he whispered, "Watch!"

I envisioned Patrick jumping off of the pew and so I responded, "Patrick, get down."

He repeated, "Watch!"

I envisioned Patrick cutting his lip or biting his tongue and I responded, "Get down. I don't want you to hurt yourself."

Patrick said, "Watch! He's going to drink it."

Suddenly, a light went on in my brain and I focused my attention where it should be. Patrick had assumed my role. Whenever we are at Mass and I notice Patrick's attention waning, I whisper to him to watch and I explain quietly what our pastor is doing. Yesterday, after refocusing my attention, Patrick quietly told me what our priest was doing.

"Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
~ Matthew 18:3

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:36 PM

    How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:58 AM

    Wow. This post gave me chills. What a sweet child. You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a sweet boy. We've graduated from the back of the church to the front rows since we had children. They are so much quieter and well behaved if they can see what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara,
    We sit in a pew at the front of the church for the same reason. It really does make a huge difference in behavior.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...