Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Books 2008

Each year, we give each of our children a new Christmas book. This year's books will include the following (in no particular order):

The Little Drummer Boy
Kristina Rodanas' illustrations bring this well-known song to life.

The Huron Carol
We have to have this book on our shelf, as our parish is North American Martyrs and our youngest was born on the feast of St. Isaac Jogues, St. John de Brebeuf, and Companions (on the new calendar).

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
This classic Christmas story is one of Patrick's favorites.

Angela and the Baby Jesus
This is a sweet story about a young girl's love and concern for the Baby Jesus.

Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol illustrated by Arthur Rackham
This was my book when I was young and I hope that my daughter treasures it as much as I did.

Miracle on 34th Street
I have not read this book, but it comes highly recommended.

Letters From Father Christmas
A babysitter introduced this book to my children a few years ago. It's about time it made its way onto our shelf, especially since St. Nicholas or Santa Claus was fondly known as Father Christmas to me when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...