Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Communion Resources

As I was skimming Google reader today, I noticed that someone was asking about First Communion Resources. Since my fourth child will most likely be receiving First Communion this year, I thought I would share what I have used in the past and what I am using.

The following resources have been used with all of my children with great success:

The New Saint Joseph First Communion Catechism
The Little Caterpillar that Finds Jesus: A Parable of the Eucharist (my children have enjoyed both the book and the coloring book)
The King of the Golden City
Patron Saint of First Communicants: The Story of Blessed Imelda Lambertini
Welcome Jesus (this is a little blue novena booklet that I purchased from CHC a few years ago)
Religion 2 for Young Catholics

Resource that I am using for the first time this year:

Catholic Heritage Curricula's First Communion Supplement that is found in the Second Grade Lesson Plans (I wish that I had used this with my other children).

Resources that I may use for the first time this year or in the future:

Preparing For My Holy Communion
Little Nellie of Holy God
The Catechism in Pictures

My child will also be participating in a First Communion class at our parish.


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...