Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Monday, January 12, 2009

Learning from a Pro

On Sunday, as I stood in the vestibule with my two youngest, Finnian decided to start running around. I was tired and did not feel like I could handle my little boy's energy. However, a mother of 11 children could. She sat down to nurse her one-year-old daughter, asked my little boy to sit next to her, pulled out a couple of Saint Joseph Picture Books, and proceeded to very quietly ask him, "Where is the lily? Where is the bible?", etc. He was hooked and remained calm the rest of the time that we were in the back.

Over the years, I have read these books to my children, and they have read them and written book reports on them; however, I never thought to use these books to help my toddlers recognize saints or items that are a part of our Catholic faith.

Thus, despite the fact that we own most of the books by Fr. Lovasik, I just took advantage of the deal that Jessica mentions in the link above to purchase a few more titles to share with others. I know that I will be keeping a couple of them in my diaper bag for Finnian to look at when needed and hopefully others will find it helpful to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...