Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Books 2009

As I shared last year, each of our children receives a Christmas book from us on December 25. This year's books, in no particular order, are:

This is a cute story about a young boy who gives a recognizable gift to the Christ Child. The pictures are exquisite.




I have never read this book, but have been told that it is very good.  Hopefully, my child who receives it will think so, too.

The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore, illustrated by Arthur Rackham
This was my book when I was a child.  I always liked the pictures in this edition of this classic poem and I hope that my child who receives this will do the same.

An Orange for Frankie by Patricia Polacco
Patricia Polacco's story about her uncle and his family brings tears to my eyes each time that I read it.  We have checked this book out from the library numerous times; it is about time that it made its way onto our shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...