Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Advent Traditions in Our Home

A few years ago, I shared some of my family's Advent traditions. Those posts can be found at:
The Beauty of Advent
The Beauty of Advent II

Some of the picture books that we read are listed here:
Christmas, Feast Day, and Winter Books
I need to re-organize this list.

Over the years, we have had different Jesse trees. When my two oldest daughters were younger, I had them make a Jesse tree like the one that I made in First Grade.  I cut a green fir tree from construction paper and had them draw, color, and cut out the symbols each day.  When their art work was ready, they would glue it onto the tree.  Eventually, instead of making a Jesse tree, we purchased a small, fake Christmas tree from Michaels. My husband printed the Jesse tree ornament pictures found on the Domestic-Church website and the children colored them and hung them on the tree each day.  I really like the fact that these ornaments have a related bible verse printed below the image.  This year, we will use the Jesse tree kit from Illuminated Ink.  We still need to decide where we will hang the completed ornaments. the Jesse Tree ornaments from the Domestic Church website again.

I hope that everyone has a blessed Advent.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 PM

    I am so grateful for this wonderful list. I only have The Holly and the Ivy, and one other book: Saint Nicholas: The Story of the Real Santa Claus that Pauline Press just put out (Mary Joslin). It's lovely, and you can borrow it; I didn't see it on your list.
    And that was not enough books for Advent. Thank you for the lovely list... Kim C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,

    I would really like to see Mary Joslin's book. I had not heard of it. Our library has all of the books that I listed, but they do not have the one by Joslin, yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...