Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Flower Fairies

The Song of the Forget-Me-Not Fairy

Where do fairy babies lie
Till they're old enough to fly?
Here's a likely place, I think,
'Mid these flowers, blue and pink,
(Pink for girls and blue for boys:
Pretty things for babies' toys!)
Let us peep now, gently. Why,
Fairy baby, here you lie!

(excerpted from Flower Fairies of the Garden by Cicely Mary Barker)


The Song of the Sweet Pea Fairies

Here Sweet Peas are climbing;
(Here's the Sweet Pea rhyme!)
Here are little tendrils,
Helping them to climb.

Here are sweetest colours;
Fragrance very sweet;
Here are silky pods of peas,
Not for us to eat!

Here's a fairy sister,
Trying on with care
Such a grand new bonnet
for the baby there.

(excerpted from Flower Fairies of the Garden by Cicely Mary Barker)


Last night, my daughters danced in their Ballet recital, Flower Fairies. The Ballet was beautiful, save for one dance. It was a refreshing change from the studio that they have danced at the last few years.

I will post photos, as soon as I am able. My husband just gave me a new camera (I think he was getting antsy about me using his) and I need to install software, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:45 PM

    What a great blog! I love the pics. Thank you Lord for so much love and beauty.

    bopbops

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...