Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Little Flowers' Mother/Daughter Tea

Today, we had our Little Flowers' Mother/Daughter Tea. It was our last get together until September and it was wonderful. A dear friend of mine, Rosalie, hosted the tea and it was truly beautiful, but then I wouldn't have expected anything less from my friend. Everything she does reflects the good, the true, and the beautiful. Tables and chairs were set up in her living room for the mothers and their daughters. Each table was set with china tea cups and saucers (Rosalie has taught me to always use the best china with children and they will rise to the occasion). Centerpieces, vases with flowers and silver teapots, sat in the middle of each table. The mothers and girls enjoyed visiting with each other, as they ate cookies and finger fruits, and drank tea or lemonade. During our saint review, the girls shone as they related what they remembered about the saints and the virtues. The mothers and their daughters surprised me with a beautiful tribute from my old co-leader (she had to step down a couple of months ago, due to the birth of her seventh child), a shadowbox that contains a third class St. Therese relic (a dried rose), and a spiritual bouquet. I was so surprised by their gesture that I felt quite speechless. I feel truly blessed to work with these girls and their mothers.

Thank you, dear Mary, for being our role model and thank you, God, for bringing us all together in such a beautiful way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...