Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Year of the Priesthood

Pope Benedict XVI has declared 2009 - 2010 the Year of the Priesthood and is dedicating the year to the Cure of Ars, St. Jean Vianney.

In December, I replied to a friend's e-mail question about confession, telling her that my pastor reminded my of St. John Vianney. In a phone conversation, with my pastor, I mentioned this to him and he let out a humble laugh.

Then I read this www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=15380, this www.hicatholicmom.blogspot.com/2009/03/pontiff-proclaims-year-for-priests.html, and this www.hicatholicmom.blogspot.com/2009/03/news-from-st-luke-productions.html. I am so thankful to have a pastor who follows the example of the Cure of Ars and spends hours in the confessional.

"Jesus, Savior of the world, sanctify Thy priests
and sacred ministers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...