Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Parish Picnic

Time to Eat

Have I ever mentioned that we belong to an awesome parish? The Mass is focused on Christ, our pastor and assistant pastor care about our souls, there are lots of children, and we have fun together. 

Three-Legged Race

On the Feast of the Nativity of Mary, our parish hosted its annual picnic. My children had a great time participating in the games and playing with their friends. I enjoyed watching them.

Three-Legged Race, Pinata, Water Balloon Toss

Elizabeth and her friend participated in their first three-legged race.



Our assistant pastor organized a game of tug of war between the altar boys.

Tug of War
Although this wasn't mentioned and it was not necessarily the intent of the picnic, it proved to be a great end of summer parish get together and kick off for our new school year.

Water Balloon Toss

*Photos and video courtesy of Catherine. Professional photos can be seen here.

I hope that everyone's school year is off to a great start!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun-packed day. And, I LOVE what your priest is wearing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Is that Fr. Harkins I see? If so, my son was at camp with him for 2 years in a row and I have an idea of where you live now. (What state, anyway!) I enjoy reading your blog and have bookmarked it.

    God bless,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kris,

    Yes, it is. Thank you.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...