Each year, we celebrate our children's Baptism anniversaries by going to Mass if possible, having a Mass offered for them (not always on their anniversary), giving our son/daughter a religious gift, and having a special dessert after dinner.
With our first child, we started by giving her a book each year; however, as our family grew, I branched out a bit. One of our children was baptized on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe and another was baptized on the traditional Feast of Epiphany, so I often get a themed gift for these two children. We have also been known to get gifts that are related to the saint for whom the child is named. Below are some of the books and other presents that our children have received on their Baptism anniversaries.
- Along the Paths of the Gospel
- An Alphabet of Saints by Robert Hugh Benson
- Angel Food for Boys and Girls by Fr. Gerald T. Brennan
- The Book of Saints and Heroes by Andrew Lang
- Books by Louis de Wohl (for older teens)
- Books by Mary Fabyan Windeatt
- Catholic Tales for Boys and Girls and More Catholic Tales for Boys and Girls by Caryll Houselander
- The Catechism in Pictures
- Encounter the Saints
- Francis: The Poor Man of Assisi, The Lady of Guadalupe, Mary: The Mother of Jesus, and Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland by Tomie de Paola
- Golden Legend of Young Saints by Henri Daniel-Rops
- A Life of Our Lord for Children, The First Christians: The Acts of the Apostles for Children, and St. Patrick's Summer: A Children's Adventure Catechism by Marigold Hunt
- My Path to Heaven: A Young Person's Guide to the Faith by Geoffrey Bliss, S.J.
- Once upon a Time Saints, More Once Upon a Time Saints, Around the Year Once upon a Time Saints, and Saints & Heroes by Ethel Pochocki
- Our Lady of Guadalupe by Carmen T. Bernier Grand
- Saints for Boys: A First Book for Little Catholic Boys
- Saints for Girls: A First Book for Little Catholic Girls
- Stories of the Child Jesus from Many Lands by A. Fowler Lutz
- A Story of St. John Bosco and A Story of St. Jean Vianney by Brother Ernest, C.S.C.
- The Little Apostle on Crutches by Henriette Delamare
- Twenty Tales of Irish Saints by Alice Curtayne
- Vision Books
- We Three Kings by Gennady Spirin
- The Weight of a Mass: A Tale of Faith by Josephine Nobisso
- The Young People's Book of Saints by Hugh Ross Williamson
- and more...
CDs have actually been Christmas stocking and Easter basket stuffers over the years, but they would make good Baptism anniversary presents too.
- Glory Stories - Our CDs were purchased from Catholic World Mission before Holy Heroes started to reproduce them. I am happy to see that they recently re-released Blessed Miguel Pro.
- St. Bernadette of Lourdes
- The War of the Vendee
- My parents gave us all of the CCC videos, but they would work as Baptism anniversary presents too.
- Miraculous Medals
- Scapulars - Catholic Heritage Curricula used to sell some very nice child and adult-size scapulars for a very reasonable price. Unfortunately, they no longer do so and I have not found anything that compares. Nevertheless, we do still buy scapulars from our local Catholic bookstore.