I saw this on Dawn's blog and couldn't resist.
1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
I like both, but my better half would rather I stayed away from the hot chocolate when I am pregnant.
2. Turkey or Ham?
We've done both. This year, we are planning on Turkey (that is if the little one in my womb doesn't make an appearance to prevent us from doing so ~ I wouldn't mind in the least).
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
We definitely get a real tree.
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
Yes, colored icicle lights and a nativity scene.
5. Snowball fights or sleddin'?
6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
I used to really enjoy going to the mall to shop, but since becoming a mother this has changed. Most of our presents have already been purchased. Those that haven't will be purchased online.
7. Favorite Christmas song?
Without a doubt, my favorite Christmas song is Silent Night.
8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
I like the classics. We enjoy watching them during the Christmas season. My husband usually takes time off, starting on the 24th of December and returning on the 7th/8th of January and we have fun watching Christmas movies sometimes with and sometimes without the children (late night date nights are great).
9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
I used to wait until Advent (The Nutcracker Suite was always listened to throughout the year), but a couple of my children like to listen to Christmas music year round. Also, since my oldest started taking piano lessons, we've been listening to her play Christmas music starting in October.
10. Stockings before or after presents?
Whatever the children want to do.
11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
Unfortunately, we don't have any.
12. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?
We used to go to our parents' and/or my sister's house, but my husband's parents and my dad moved. My mom passed away almost 5 years ago. Thus, we now spend Christmas at home.
13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
Yes, after dinner and baths.
14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Play with the children, clean up the dishes, relax, pray the Rosary as a family.
15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
I have to think about this one.
16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Even though I no longer do it, I would have to say walking around the mall. I did not inherit my siblings' athletic skills. If I were to ice skate, most of my time would be spent falling on my bottom.
17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
We wait until Christmas morning. Growing up, we used to open our presents after Christmas Eve Mass.
18. Favorite Christmas memory?
My favorite childhood Christmas memory encompasses my family's Christmas tradition. We would eat a delicious meal, leave early for midnight Mass, hear the beautiful singing of the choir, followed by Christmas Eve Mass. After Mass, we would stop briefly at our spiritual grandparents' house (Alan and Murielle), then we would head home. Upon arriving home, we would open our presents which St. Nicholas had left under our tree while we were out. There was always something miraculous about Midnight Mass that I cannot explain in words. It was my favorite Mass of the whole year.
19. Favorite Part about winter?
The birth of Jesus Christ on Christmas day.
20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Yes, my husband once kissed me under mistletoe.
If you read this, please take the time to answer the questions on your blog.