Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Friday, January 03, 2014

2013 A Year in Review

Last year, I posted a year in review a couple of days early. This year, it's better late than never... 


In January, we celebrated some birthdays and Baptism anniversaries with family and friends.


I also continued to take a lot of photos of our little boy.


February saw our little boy crawling and pulling himself to a stand. It also saw us making crafts and cupcakes.


Naps, painting, and Legos kept us busy too.


In March, the children and I watched as our new pope was elected.  Brendan went skim boarding for the first time. We made Easter cookies.


Best of all, we celebrated Easter. It is hard to believe that this year Lent only begins in March.


The children were happy to take care of Mr. B.'s (my husband's college friend and best man) dog in April while Mr. B. and his family went on vacation. The children really miss our dog. The boys got as much playtime as they could in with their friends who are living in Monterey for the year. We can't wait for our friends to move back up here.


In May, we celebrated a birthday and built a new playset.


The recipient of the playset is still terrified of using the baby swing.


June was a busy month. It began with Kieran receiving his first haircut. Popsicles are invaluable when it comes to giving little boys haircuts.


We went to the beach with some friends.


We also went to the park with friends and said "goodbye" to our assistant pastor.


Birthdays were celebrated with family and friends in July


Two of our children participated in our local community center's swim team. While they swam, Bernadette helped out at home meets, and I played outside with our youngest. Kieran also started to walk in July.


In August, our four oldest children went to wonderful Catholic camps. My two youngest and I were happy to visit one of my sisters and her family. This sister was my best friend growing up. We share many memories.


In September, we continued with our studies.


We enjoyed our annual parish picnic.


I had my third or fourth ultrasound.


I finally felt well enough in October to invite our new assistant pastor over for dinner. The children enjoyed playing badminton and checkers with him. Our two oldest boys went hiking with the Knights of the Sacred Heart. 


Brendan carved a Celtic knot pumpkin.


November saw our pastor coming over for dinner and playing Stratego with Patrick. We celebrated birthdays with family and friends again. Somehow, I failed to take any photos on Thanksgiving.


I had a 30-week (one day shy of 31 weeks) ultrasound in December which included this 3D picture of our baby. I can't wait to hold him/her in my arms. 


Theresa received the Sacrament of Confirmation


We celebrated Christ's birth by going to Midnight Mass which Brendan and Patrick had the privilege of serving. Our two oldest girls sang in the choir. Our youngest son remained awake until the very end of Mass when he finally drifted off to sleep in my arms. Elizabeth was happy to visit Baby Jesus after Mass with her daddy.


My husband's father and brother visited and our assistant pastor came for dinner which was made by my brother-in-law and Catherine.


We are truly blessed to have wonderful priests, family, and friends.

I hope that everyone's 2014 is filled with
love and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...