Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Friday, June 07, 2013

Jesus, Master, Teach Me


Teach me, teach me, dearest Jesus,
In Thine own sweet, loving way,
All the lessons of perfection
I must practice day by day.

Teach me Meekness, dearest Jesus,
Of Thine Own the counterpart;
Not in words and actions only,
But the meekness of the heart.

Teach Humility, sweet Jesus,
To this poor, proud heart of mine,
Which yet wishes, O my Jesus,
To be modeled after Thine.

Teach me Fervour, dearest Jesus,
To comply with every grace,
So as never to look backwards,
Never slacken in the race.

Teach me Poverty, sweet Jesus,
That my heart may never cling,
To whate'er its love might sever,
From my Saviour, Spouse and King.

Teach me Chastity, dear Jesus,
That my every day may see
Something added to the likeness
That my soul should bear to Thee.

Teach Thy Heart, to me, dear Jesus,
Is my fervent, final prayer,
For all beauties and perfections
Are in full perfection there.

~ Fr. F.X. Lasance, The Catholic Girl's Guide, p. 362

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...