Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Baked Pumpkin


A few years ago, as my husband carved a pumpkin, I wondered how we could use the pumpkin's flesh. In doing so, I stumbled upon the recipe below (I wish that I had noted where I found it). Baked pumpkin (or pumpkin bake as we call it) is very easy to make. Kieran had so much fun helping me pour all of the ingredients into our Ninja, pushing down the top to purée all of the ingredients, and then pouring it into the baking dish. This is a great recipe to make with young children.


Pumpkin Bake

Ingredients
4 tablespoons of butter
2 medium eggs
2 cups of pumpkin
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
½ cup of flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Pinch of salt
Pinch of baking soda
Cinnamon

Recipe
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Put the butter in a 9 x 13 or 8 x8 baking dish (or any size in between) and melt.
Put the remaining ingredients, except cinnamon, in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into the melted butter and sprinkle top with cinnamon.
Bake for about 30 minutes.
Serve.



The smaller baking dish makes for a more moist pumpkin bake. However, pumpkin bake is always enjoyed at our house regardless of the dish size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...