Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Friday, March 19, 2010

St. Joseph's Day

We just returned from a beautiful Mass celebrated in honor of St. Joseph.  Our pastor gave a very nice sermon about St. Joseph and how we should look to him as our father with a lower case "f", as he was the second closest person to Our Lord after Mary, our Heavenly Mother.  He ended with the words, "Those who are silent make the most noise."


O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great,
so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God,
I place in you all my interests and desires.
O St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession
and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual
blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord;
so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power
I may offer my Thanksgiving and Homage
to the most Loving of Fathers.
O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you
and Jesus asleep in your arms.
I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart.
Press Him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me,
and ask Him to return the Kiss
when I draw my dying breath.
St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls,
pray for us.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...