Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Lost in the Fjord

Before leaving for his new assignment, our previous assistant pastor, Fr. V., recommended a book to us as a possible future read aloud. On Sunday, after Mass, I was surprised when my friend, Elena S., came up to me and gave me a present for my family. Once in our van, delight superseded my surprise when I saw that Elena had given us Lost in the Fjord: The Adventures of Two Icelandic Boys, the same book about which Fr. V. had told us.

Elena included a letter with the book, writing:
"Attached is the book Lost in the Fjord. This is a true story.
It is for children from 9 to 90+ years old, written in a similar style to St. Exupery's Le Petit Prince.
It describes the true story of two brothers, Nonni and Manni (11 and 8 years old), who started an adventure with a boat in a Fjord in Iceland and ended in the big sea, fighting for their lives.
Following their breath-taking efforts to survive in the darkness of the night, we discover the purity of their heart shining like a star, their love and trust in Jesus, love for each other, the poser of prayer, and their heroic efforts in face of adversities. Yes, it is a wonderful book for children, but this story has a hidden treasure which can escape the children. It will surprise you with a great theme for meditation.
I hope that you will like it, and you will introduce Nonni and Manni to your children, family, and friends.
God bless,
Elena S.

I am looking forward to listening to my husband read this story to our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...