Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

July Daybook


Outside my window
The sun is shining and the children are running through the sprinkler. At least they were when I started to write this daybook.

I am wearing
a denim skirt and a black t-shirt.

In the kitchen
I am hoping to get our barbecue's propane tank filled so that we can have a barbecue tonight. Check, I did it!

I am thankful for
friends who give me beautiful flowers to grace our table and home.


I am also thankful for children who cut flowers from our garden to give to Our Blessed Mother.



I am hearing
the children playing outside.

I am continuing to pray for
the repose of Fr. Walker's soul and for Fr. Terra. It is amazing that Fr. Terra survived. My friend, Elena, shared this photo of Fr. Terra with me. In your kindness, please pray for Fr. Terra's complete recovery.


We are also praying for Fr. V. as he begins his new assignment. We are praying for Fr. H. as he begins his first year of his priesthood and we are praying for our pastor, Fr. S. We are so blessed to have such a holy priest for our pastor.

We are learning all the time
Brendan was blessed to be able to participate in our parish's boys' camp, Camp St. John Eudes, this summer. Fr. V. organized it and three FSSP seminarians (two from our parish) helped him run it.

After reading Greg's Microscope, Patrick and Finnian became very interested in using our microscope. So, Anthony has been using it with them regularly, looking at bugs' wings, legs, etc. The boys have also started making a bug board again. I''ll have to share a photo of it eventually.


Cecilia has been bitten by the sewing bug again and has been making tiered skirts, following these instructions. As the title states, they are easy to make. I think that the lovely pearls hair band looks so pretty in her hair.

Agnes is learning all about sales and has been happily taking photos. After we received these liberty bow bobby pins, she decided that she had to take some photos of them. I like how she captured the rain on the rose. Agnes is very artistic and she tends to see things that others might not notice.


I am reading
The Glories Of Mary by St. Alphonsus Liguori.

I am listening to
Fr. Ripperger's presentations on modesty. I have also been listening to Fr. Walker's sermon on Mercy and Justice. Thanks go to my pastor for the latter recommendation, as he told a friend and me about the sermon after Mass one day.

Plans for this week
  • Meet with a homeschooling mother to show her our Lilla Rose samples.
  • Go to the beach
  • Visit with a friend who has signed up to be a Lilla Rose consultant on my team. If any of my readers are interested in becoming consultants, please let me know. I would be happy to have you join my team.
  • Go to First Friday Mass
  • Have a 4th of July barbecue
  • Garden
  • Clean up around the house
  • Start checking to make sure that the children have everything that they need for the camps to which they will be going.
  • Enjoy my husband's 4 day weekend! I really like it when he gets to spend a few extra days at home with us.
A favorite prayer

My Jesus, I adore Thee.
My Jesus, I love Thee.
My Jesus, I trust in Thee.
My Jesus, have Mercy on me, a sinner.
My Jesus, Thy Will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...