Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Monday, November 17, 2014

Pumpkin Pancakes

After hearing one of my children suggest that we make pumpkin pancakes, I found this recipe. I think that some of us might prefer pumpkin pancakes to our oatmeal pancakes.

Pumpkin Pancakes

Ingredients:
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons sugar
6 teaspoons baking powder
6 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
3 cups milk
1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons fresh/canned pumpkin puree
6 tablespoons melted butter
3 eggs

Directions:
Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, nutmeg, and a pinch of ground cloves.
In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and eggs; fold mixture into dry ingredients.
Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in ice cream scoop of batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side. Serve with butter and syrup. I like maple syrup.
Makes approximately 30 moist and tasty pancakes.

Adapted from this recipe which was found in 
Martha Stewart Living, October 2006

I apologize that I usually don't have photos with my recipes, but I am not good about taking photos of food. I prefer taking photos of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...