Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

From the Mouth of a Child

Tonight, my husband spoke with his friend's wife and she told him the story of her conversion. One Sunday, she was sitting in the pew at Mass and her son, Adam, said, "Mom, I know what I want for my birthday." His mom responded, "Not now." Adam tried again and got the same response. Finally he said, "But, I have to tell you. The only thing that I want for my birthday is for you to become a Catholic." After Mass, Adam told his mom that he wanted her to become a Catholic so that she could be with him in "Catholic Heaven" when she died.

His mom, a regular Sunday Mass attendee, started going to RCIA classes. Adam got what he wanted for his birthday. His mother was received into the Catholic Church over a year ago.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...