Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Monday, October 16, 2006

Hunting, the Curé, and Driving a Quad

Catherine and Bernadette spent the weekend hunting. Actually, they didn't hunt. Catherine told me that the children and the mothers stayed at her aunt's parents' hunting house, while the men went hunting. The hunters killed five wild boar.

Catherine spent her time learning French from and teaching English to Camille (another one of my brother's nieces).

Bernadette was happy to share that everyone went to see St. John Vianney's (the Curé of Ars) incorrupt body on Sunday. They attended Mass in an underground church.

My brother and Dad have been touched by some of the things that Bernadette says. They shared the following with me:

Bernadette ~ "Please leave me in peace, so that I can enjoy this solemn moment."
Bernadette ~ "Boppa, your room looks holy." (what my dad heard)
Boppa ~ "Thank you for telling me that my room looks holy."
Bernadette ~ "Boppa, I didn't say that your room looks holy. I said that it looks homey, but it looks holy, too."

Today (yesterday for the travelers), the girls stayed at my brother's house. They played and drove their cousins' quad. When telling me about it, Bernadette exclaimed, "Mommy, I drove it all by myself and it uses real gas!"

I can't wait for Catherine and Bernadette to be home, but I am thankful that God has provided them with this opportunity.

3 comments:

  1. I am amazed and moved to read this. Just last week, the children and I visited St. John Vianney's incorrupt heart being venerated in a Long Island parish. I have a blog post about our experience almost ready to go.

    You can read about the historic visit of this sacred relic to the United States at www.thecatholicheart.org.

    I am so glad your girls were able to honor this great saint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:33 PM

    hi this is BRIGID.
    I like the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Brigid! The girls have posted a few more photos at Catholic Geography. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...