Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

40 Days for Life

My children and I were supposed to go to 40 Days for Life today, but it seemed like everything was against us. First, Patrick didn't want to wear a shirt. Then, I could not find my keys. When I finally had everyone buckled in their seats, including myself, I turned the key and our van would not start.

Fortunately, we are signed up to participate at other times throughout the next 40 days. I strongly encourage everyone to watch this 22 minute video, check to see if 40 Days for Life is happening at a location near you, and then prayerfully consider speaking up for those who cannot speak for themselves by participating in 40 days of prayer, fasting, and vigil.

"I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
~ Elie Wiesel, Holocaust Survivor, www.40daysforlife.com/show.cfm ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...