Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Mon

Who knew that a three-letter word could be so powerful when coming from the lips of a toddler?

With this word, Finnian controls wherever I go. If I am sitting at the computer, he will pull on me and say, "Mon." He expects me to get up immediately and follow him wherever he wants me to go, and I do. When outside, Finnian will come and take my hand and say, "Mon", leading me to where he wants me to go. I tell you that "mon" is an incredible word in my toddler's vocabulary.

The only problem with this very powerful word comes when Finnian is in my arms. He cannot comprehend why I do not understand his command when I am holding him. If only I could read my little boy's mind when I am holding him and he says, "Mon." Many a temper tantrum could be avoided if I only understood where "mon" was at that particular moment.

Update: While speaking to a friend, I realized that I should clarify that "mon" is my little one's way of saying "Come on."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...