Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Woken by a Skunk

It's been warm here and so I have been leaving our window open at night. I won't be doing that anymore. Around midnight, last night, I had the pleasure of being woken up by the odor of a skunk. My pregnant body really objected to the smell and I felt like I was back in the first three months of my pregnancy. I still feel a little queasy. I shut the window, turned on the bathroom fan, and positioned myself close to my sleeping toddler, so that I could smell his freshly washed hair and not the skunk.

Somehow, I fell back asleep. However, two hours later, I was woken by a little boy who had wet his bed. I got him changed and in what is supposed to be his younger brother's bed, and returned to bed, still smelling the skunk. Approximately, ten minutes later (or so it seemed), my little boy who I had recently tucked back in bed used the bathroom and climbed in my bed, saying, "I used the toilet." Thus, I spent another sleepless night in our family bed which is usually inhabited by two little boys and their parents. The only things that were unusual were a little boy's wet bed and an awful odor.

Needles to say, I am exhausted. I don't know how my rock, my hero, goes to work some days. May God bless him and all fathers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...