Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Reaping the Benefits of Chickenpox

Finnian came downstairs this morning, climbed on my lap, gave me a kiss, and said, "I have something that is a little red on me. I think it's chickenpox." He showed me his red blistery spot and I confirmed that he has chicken pox. He was very excited and proceeded to ask, "Can I have a popsicle? Can I watch a movie? Can you take me a bath? Can I have ice cream?"*

I told him that he could eat a popsicle after breakfast. When he finished his popsicle, he once again asked, "Can I watch a movie?" I responded that he could do so after his sisters practiced piano and violin. He responded, "Take me a bath." I told him that I would give him a bath tonight.

I have never seen a child so excited about being sick. Hopefully, his excitement continues to outweigh his discomfort.

*No matter how many times we tell him, he never says, "give me a bath."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...