Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Blessed Virgin Mary

On December 8, 1979, I received my First Communion. It was a special day because I had received Our Lord's precious Body for the first time. It was a special day for another reason, too. It was the feast of Our Lady's Immaculate Conception and I felt that, in some unexplainable way, I had grown closer to both Christ and His Mother.

On our wedding day, my husband and I placed two roses in front of a statue of our blessed Mother and dedicated our marriage and ourselves to the Mother of God. Three months later, we conceived our first child. We consecrated the baby in my womb to Mary. Since then, we have conceived six times and each time the baby in my womb has been consecrated to our Lady.

Whenever I enter our parish church or another Catholic church, I kneel and I look towards the statue of our blessed Lady. I renew the consecration of our children to Mary. I ask our blessed Mother to help my children do great things for the glory of God.

Consecration to Mary

O Mary, Virgin most powerful and Mother of mercy, Queen of Heaven and Refuge of sinners, we consecrate ourselves to thine Immaculate Heart.
We consecrate to thee our very being and our whole life; all that we have, all that we love, all that we are. To thee we give our bodies, our hearts and our souls; to thee we give our homes, our families, our country.
We desire that all that is in us and around us may belong to thee, and may share in the benefits of thy motherly benediction. And that this act of consecration may be truly efficacious and lasting, we renew this day at thy feet the promises of our Baptism and our first Holy Communion.
We pledge ourselves to profess courageously and at all times the truths of our holy Faith, and to live as befits Catholics who are duly submissive to all the directions of the Pope and the Bishops in communion with him.
We pledge ourselves to keep the commandments of God and His Church, in particular to keep holy the Lord's Day.
We likewise pledge ourselves to make the consoling practices of the Christian religion, and above all, Holy Communion, an integral part of our lives, in so far as we shall be able so to do.
Finally, we promise thee, O glorious Mother of God and loving Mother of men, to devote ourselves whole-heartedly to the service of thy blessed cult, in order to hasten and assure, through the sovereignty of thine Immaculate Heart, the coming of the kingdom of the Sacred Heart of thine adorable Son, in our own hearts and in those of all men, in our country and in all the world, as in heaven, so on earth. Amen.
(from EWTN)

Queen of the Angels, Queen of the May, please bless all those who read this and help them to do great things for the glory of God!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...