Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Friday, May 19, 2006

Sleep Deprivation

Patrick had a bad night. I had a bad night, too. My husband had a bad night, also. Patrick woke up a couple of times, crying (actually, he was screaming). When I tried to calm him down, he would scream louder. Eventually, he would throw himself on top of me and go back to sleep. At one point, he woke up and said, "Mommy, I want you." At the same time, he climbed on me and fell asleep.

Patrick sleeps next to me, every night. He doesn't just sleep next to me, he pushes himself against me, making it impossible for me to move. Sleeping on me, as though I was standing up and holding him in my arms was something new for my toddler. I hope it's a one-time thing because sleeping with 30 pounds on your chest is not exactly easy. However, the alternative of sleeping with a screaming toddler in the bed is an impossibility. Therefore, if I have to choose between a screaming toddler and an uncomfortable night, the uncomfortable night will win hands down.

1 comment:

  1. My firstborn used to do this. Isn't it exhausting? On the other hand, the alternative (no sleep, crying toddler) is more exhausting. You are making the right choice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...