Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Poor Souls Novena

I received this from a friend whose sister, Helen, died yesterday morning.  Please join me in praying this novena, and in praying for the repose of Helen's soul and my friend's entire family.
Today is the day to start your Poor Souls (in purgatory) novena (9 days before Christmas): Our Lord told St. Gertrude the Great that the following prayer would release 1,000 Souls from Purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was extended to include living sinners, which would alleviate the indebtedness accrued to them during their lives. Please remember my sister, Helen, deceased, in this prayer:

"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the World today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, those in my own home and within my family, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...