Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

Yesterday morning, I woke up with my husband offering to bring me breakfast in bed. I declined his thoughtful offer, as I was afraid Patrick might wake and make a mess of the food on my tray. Upon entering the dining room, I found the perfect card from my husband. It was uncanny how accurately the words reflected our life together.

Brendan came into the dining room with a big smile on his face. He told me to go out on the deck to get my present from him. On the deck, I found a little wheelbarrow planter. He had made it, with minimal assistance from my husband, at Lowe's on Saturday. He had even planted two petunias in it.

The other children soon woke and wished me a "Happy Mother's Day". They gave me a much needed necessity.

After Mass, we went to Port Orchard and enjoyed a picnic with sandwiches, apples and juice, all prepared by my husband and Catherine. The children enjoyed running around on the grass, especially Patrick. Everyone thanked me for a wonderful day and I thanked my husband. Bernadette thanked me for giving the whole family a gift for Mother's Day, the picnic. Theresa, in true Theresa style, wanted to know when we could go on a picnic again.

Thank you God for blessing me with such a wonderful family and for blessing us with such a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...