Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Theology 101

I have been listening to the theological musings of my little boy and doing my best to answer his questions for the last three years. On Wednesday night, Brendan began with, "Mommy, did God really make us out of nothing?" I responded, "Yes, he made Adam out of nothing." Brendan went on to say, "I think God made us out of clay. God used dust and spit to make clay and then God made us from the clay."

On our Saturday Costco trip, two of the questions he asked were: "Mommy, what is the soul?" "Mommy, why does God just want our soul?"

Brendan seems deeper to me than my other children. He is like me in that he is always pondering ideas. One of his questions that I will never forget came three years ago when I miscarried. At this time, my little boy asked, "Why did God let the devil kill our baby?" He surprises my husband as much as me with what he asks. A lot of times his questions are theological in nature, leading me to believe that I may need to start studying theology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...