Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Needed to Read This From Testosterhome

Future Gentlemen of America

"While negative behavior must be addressed, I find so much freedom when I recognize that some of my boys’ frustrating traits can eventually lead to very good things. Scaling the pantry walls shows motivation. Constant questions show a love of learning. If channeled correctly, this energy can inspire great things."

I need to remember the above quote when my middle son (age 3) paints the washer and dryer, colors on the windowsill and kitchen cabinets with a permanent marker, systematically removes the tiles from the bathroom counter, carves marks in his and his brother's bunk bed with a knitting needle, puts a hole in his bedroom door, breaks the bar in the freezer door by swinging from it, etc. God has blessed me with a loving big little boy (he is the average height of a 4 or 5 year old) who is full of physical energy. I can be fairly certain that if he is not by my side, then he is almost definitely destroying something in the house. Now, I just need to figure out, with God's help, how to channel his physical energy correctly.


Updated to add the above photo (taken by Catherine) of my little rascal. He truly is as mischievous and loving as he looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...