Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Monday, April 05, 2010

Passion Week and Holy Week

There were so many little things that happened over the past couple of weeks that I want to remember, so I am hoping that I have a few spare minutes here and there to write about them.

On Saturday of Passion Week, we spent the day gardening.


On Palm Sunday, Elizabeth acted ornery during Mass (unbeknownst to me, she was coming down with a cold), but she also genuflected for the first time.  I still smile when I think of my little girl arriving at the pew, stopping and genuflecting.  I don't remember seeing any of my other children doing so at such a young age.   On Holy Thursday, she knelt at the altar rail, standing when she found that she could not see over it.  When I took her siblings to the bathroom, she watched as people washed their hands.  Once everyone had left the sink area, she surprised me by washing her hands all by herself.


During Holy Week, we enjoyed making Pysanky for the first time.  Everyone from Theresa on up participated.



Patrick and Finnian liked having one of us write on eggs and then dipping them in the dye and seeing what they said.

Resurrexit sicut dixit!
Happy Eastertide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...